So, if you are like me, and are looking for easier ways to do things, here are a few tips:
1. Do you want to jump up to the address bar and type a new web address? Press Alt-D and your cursor will jump to the address bar and you can type your new address.
2. Once you are in the address bar, forget about typing http://www or .com. Simply type the website guts and hit the CTRL-Enter key combination. The address is automatically surrounded with http://www, and will end with .com.
3. Want to launch a new tab without clicking on the new tab button in the button bar? Yes! simply do a CTRL-T. This is really one of my favorite keyboard shortcuts.
4. If you are doing research, and wish to keep your current location while browsing another, use SHIFT while you click on a link. The new page opens in a second window.
5. There is an integrated Google search bar in the top right of the screen. Use CTRL-K to quick-jump to this, and search for your next web page!
So there you have it. 5 cool keyboard tips.